ProjectWork for Project Management Office (PMO)
Project management Planning software using Google Drive
Projects are widely used to achieve a result in a planned and controlled way. This can be done occasionally within an organization if there is a need for it, but there are also organizations for which projects are the standard way of working. This can be internally, where the project produces a result, or externally where the project is the product.
Organizations that frequently carry out similar projects want to streamline them. In this way, projects can start faster, and a common understanding with associated tools is created and experience is passed on from one project to the other. To build and manage this commonality, a Project Management Office (PMO) is often responsible, using a PM framework, such as PRINCE2 or PMBOK, possibly supplemented with Agile or Scrum.
- Share documents and planning schedules online with project members and other stakeholders to view or to work on it jointly (simultaneously).
- Report project status to a central dashboard in a Google spreadsheet. The dashboard shows all projects in a Gantt chart.
- Create reports by publishing a ProjectWork schedule in a Google spreadsheet, optionally extending it with calculations and charts and synchronizing it later with the changed schedule, so that for example progress can be calculated.
- Save documents and plans centrally as a template and use them per project after copying. Dashboard and synchronized spreadsheet can be copied as well from a ProjectWork template.
- ProjectWork has Resource management whereby resources can be grouped centrally and assigned to multiple projects.
For a PMO, Forscale can implement a customized solution based on Google G Suite apps, Google Apps Script and ProjectWork. This solution can then be used for all projects and can relate to different phases in a project, such as initiation, planning, implementation and evaluation.